August 27 - September 2
The path back to independence doesn’t need to be traveled alone.
Among the 1600 homeless lives in Modesto, there are dozens of families trying to stay together while earnestly working back toward financial independence. Family Promise is an organization that empowers impoverished families to overcome homelessness, regain independence, and lead a self-sustaining life…all while providing lodging for them to stay together instead of being split up into various group homes.
In late August, Centenary will partner with Family Promise. For one week, we will host two families by providing nutritious meals, activities, lodging, and—perhaps most importantly—a loving community to interact with. Come be part of that community!
We are challenging the Centenary family to sign up & serve in these areas:
• Meal Team: prepare delicious meals, serve them to the families, & tidy up.
• Snack Delivery: sign up to bring the families fresh fruit & other healthy bites.
• Quality time: Sit down for a meal with the families, sharing life together.
• Kid time: These families often have small children. Guide the kids through crafts, games, and other activities.
• Prayer: pray for the ministry of Family Promise, the families they are helping and specifically the families we will be hosting from August 27 to September 2.
For more information, contact Deanna Hutton in the church office: (209) 527-5441